CRIME RATE ● Stats about all US cities ● real estate PHOTOS cost of living WEATHER race INCOME education MAPS
Sunday, August 31, 2014
Saturday, August 30, 2014
Home is where your microbes are! Microbes on our bodies colonise rooms within hours: No matter what you do to clean a hotel room. Your microbial signal has wiped out basically every trace of the previous resident within 24 hours! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2737578/Home-BACTERIA-Microbes-bodies-colonise-rooms-hours-used-catch-criminals.html Zuhause ist, wo Deine Bakterien sind http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/mikrobiom-der-mensch-zieht-mit-seinen-bakterien-um-a-988657.html Die Keime gelangen durch direkten Hautkontakt oder über die Atemluft von den Menschen auf Böden, Tische und andere Oberflächen. Bereits einen Tag nach dem Einzug in ein neues Zuhause ist die mikrobielle Besiedlung der Wohnräume wieder dieselbe wie in der alten Wohnung http://www.wissenschaft-aktuell.de/artikel/Zuhause_ist__wo_deine_Mikroben_sind1771015589635.html
Friday, August 29, 2014
Minifauna: Meet your mites! You’ve Got Face Mites! Unzählige Milben besiedeln unsere Gesichtshaut! http://www.scinexx.de/dossier-detail-109-7.html they were first described in 1842: Demodex folliculorum + Demodex brevis
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Monday, August 25, 2014
Surgical patients with higher vitamin D levels had fewer complications after surgery! The benefits of vitamin D supplementation before surgery: it takes 6 weeks to achieve a steady-state vitamin D level of recommended 50 nanograms!
Friday, August 22, 2014
Too much vitamin A may weaken bones. Chromium adequate intake is 25 micrograms: If you so wish, taking 10 micrograms a day or less should be fine. Daily recommended Vitamin E intake is 3 mg in the UK, 15 mg in the US. "Antioxidant paradox": our bodies marshal free radicals to kill bacteria + cancer cells. A surge of antioxidants from supplements may let these nasties off the hook. Indeed, in high doses vitamin E supplements may increase the risk of prostate cancer. We can unwittingly build up gradually to worryingly high doses! VERDICT: Don't take Vit E supplements !!! Calcium: we need at least 700 mg each day. "For a start, too much calcium from supplements can cause kidney stones. But of graver concern are risks to the heart. A five-year trial of post-menopausal women found that those taking the supplements were more likely to suffer a heart attack or stroke than those who didn't. A subsequent analysis confirmedthe increased risk. As a result of such studies, medical advice is changing. Last year the US Preventive Services Task Force changed its guidance to recommend against the combination of calcium and vitamin D supplements for post-menopausal women." "DHEA is the most abundant steroid in our blood and helps to produce other important steroids. It declines as we age." 28. Aug 2014
Thursday, August 21, 2014
Curcumin derived from turmeric blocks the metastasis of colon cancer by a novel mechanism. Colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the US! Kurkuma vs Krebs, besonders Darmkrebs! August 26, 2014
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Cancer risk of offspring can be programmed by maternal dietary intake. Die Ernährung der Eltern mit zu vielen Fetten von Säugetieren modifiziert deren Gene negativ und steigert das Krebsrisiko der Nachkommenschaft ⟿ Kinder, Enkelkinder http://www.welt.de/wissenschaft/article131365581/Wie-Omas-Essverhalten-unsere-Gene-formt.html
Friday, August 15, 2014
Low vitamin D is associated with an increased risk for dementia and Alzheimer’s disease http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/14/vitamin-d-tied-to-alzheimers-risk/ a normal Vit D range is 30 to 74
- ► 2016 (21)
- ► 2015 (19)
- Why HIV patients develop dementia http://www.scien...
- Home is where your microbes are! Microbes on our b...
- Minifauna: Meet your mites! You’ve Got Face Mites!...
- USA: In the last 2 decades, researchers reported, ...
- Surgical patients with higher vitamin D levels had...
- Too much vitamin A may weaken bones. Chromium adeq...
- Curcumin derived from turmeric blocks the metastas...
- Cancer risk of offspring can be programmed by mate...
- Low vitamin D is associated with an increased risk...
- ▼ August (9)
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (48)
- ► 2011 (29)
My favorite links - commercial-free
- * Boston weather (latitude 42° N - current airport weather conditions) by WolframAlpha
- * Portland OREGON Latitude 45° - weather by WolframAlpha http://www64.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=+Portland+weather
- * San Francisco - Nuremberg - Boston - Melbourne - current local times + distances by WolframAlpha
- * San Francisco earthquake weather - The SF Bay Area sometimes shakes! Bay Area Earthquakes
- * San Francisco weather (latitude 37° N - KSFO airport - current weather conditions e.g. pressure) by US National Weather Service
- * San Francisco weather (latitude 37° N - KSFO airport - current weather conditions) by WolframAlpha
- * San Francisco weather + California clouds (latitude 37° N - current clouds conditions) by exploreourpla.net + Google maps
- * San Francisco Weather - detailed 7-day weather forecast by TimeandDate.com
- * Tallahassee (Florida) weather (latitude 30° N - current airport weather conditions) by WolframAlpha
- CRUDE OIL charts, data,stats + links
- My postings on AMAZON
- My postings on DELICIOUS
- My postings on DIGG
- My postings on FACEBOOK
- My postings on FRIENDFEED
- My postings on TWITTER
- My postings on XING
- Reference on DELICIOUS
- The excellent WolframAlpha performance using the example of GOOG vs AAPL
- WordNet Dictionary by Princeton University
- www.linguee.com Idioms + Context Dictionary German English German
- www.wordnik.com dictionary: example sentences, related words, statistics, pronunciations, summary, definitions, images, etymology + last but not least Twitter
- ● DPA-Nachrichten-Ticker: Kurzmeldungen rund um die Uhr ohne jegliche Reklame!
- ● Isobars & air pressure analysis / 7-Day Forecast EUROPE
- ● Weather in Erlangen, Germany, by New York Times - Current Conditions - 5-Day Forecast
- ●● vitally important internet security news issued by the German Government (German version only)